A number of ANU PhD Scholarships which provide a stipend are funded by Colleges. It is normal for recipients to undertake study on a full-time basis. However, in accordance with strict criteria, the scholarship can be awarded for part-time study. International scholars must undertake study on a full-time basis.
$26,682 per annum
Payments made fortnightly
Payments made for 3 years
These scholarships are available to potential and current students who:
- are domestic or international students; and
- have applied for admission to a PhD or Professional Doctorate by Research program; and
- have a Bachelor degree with first-class honours (some Colleges may consider students with upper second-class honours), or a Master degree with a research component or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Travel and Removal allowances for students relocating to Canberra to commence their research program;
- Thesis allowance;
- Dependant Child allowance (International students only);
- Paid medical, maternity and paternity leave
How to apply
No application is required specifically for this scholarship as all eligible candidates will be considered.
In order to be considered for this scholarship in the main round of scholarship offers International students are required to apply for admission by 31 August. Domestic students are required to apply for admission by 31 October.
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to make contact with the relevant Graduate Studies Convener or a prospective supervisor, prior to lodging an application, to discuss the proposed research topic and related matters.